Monday, March 12, 2007

Without Him I Could Do Nothing

Yesterday, in church, we had some extra mintues while waiting for the projector to come on. Ruth asked us to stand and say how great God is to you (or something along those lines). Being the public speaker I am (note sarcastic tone in writing) I popped up. I do not normally do something like that because I get all flustered and who knows what comes flying out of my mouth. I said I would like to thank God for my Spring Break coming up next week. I should have added more to that, but I forgot because I am not very comfortable standing up in front of everyone.

Anyways, onto the point of this post. I also wanted to add that I'm glad I have a God that realizes we all need a break. Whether it be from classes or work. I know he would not put something on my plate He feels I could not handle. Even though this semester has had more downs than ups, I am thankful I have had the opportunity to get to know my fellow classmates and be one step closer to graduating. Without Him I could not do this.

Today at work I looked at my little Doniphan Police Departement calander and counted up how many more weeks I have left this semester. Only 8 for SEMO and 9 for TRCC. The wonderful, fabulous, great thing about that is-all my classes are one night a week. That means I only have 8 more classes. I like looking at it that way.

I also wanted to add the weather is beautiful here in parly sunny/partly cloudy Doniphan. According to weather.com, the high today is supposed to reach 74 degrees. Billy was asking me yesterday what Matt is doing this week because he wants to get his boat on the river. I love it! This weather is just great and I cannot wait until until next week when I can go really go out and enjoy it. I'm going to try and talk Matt into going on a 4-wheeler ride or something along those lines.

Have a great Monday! 3-2-1 Blast Off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, my name appears at long last. I too am grateful for the beautiful weather. Something about the nice weather just make learning better. In other words, and perhaps words that will hit closer to home, I enjoy walking around campus much more when it is a nice 60-70 degree day than I do when it is -15 degrees. Also, this make learning more enjoyable, or more enjoyable than it already is! I'm such a nerd!