Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Graduation

It is so weird to see this group of seniors graduate from school this year. Not only does this class include such fine individuals as my sister and Matt's brother, but also kids I have known for years and years. This is also the group of students that were freshmen when I was a senior. It is hard to believe three years has flown by so quickly.

Before we know it, I will be accepting my diploma for four hard years at the college level. Yesterday Matt and I went to talk with our college advisor for SEMO. This meeting was for our fall classes and what we will be enrolling in. One of the lines she said that stuck in my mind the most was "Laura, after this fall, you will be finished with regular classroom classes." I was so excited to hear those words! Next spring, all I will have to worry about is student teaching. I won't have to go to a class, worry about homework, or take any tests. She was also telling us about some other things we will need to take care of in order to graduate. We have to take a few tests in the fall, go to an orientation for student teaching, and then we will be applying for our diploma. I will have a busy summer full of classes, but it will be worth it next spring.

Even though this is a few months early, I would like to say congratulations to Jenn (sister), Michael (Matt's brother), Jenn Hop (a wonderful senior I have gotten to know over the past few years), and all those other rugrats who are ready to accept their diplomas from high school.


Graduation...what a great word.

2 comments:

SGRC said...

I bet you got this idea from my group.

Laura and Matt said...

partly...plus the talk with my advisor the day before...