Friday, March 30, 2007

ABC Family...whatever

I have noticed recently how ABC Family is not really centered around the family. I have thought this for awhile, but last night I was watching a movie on there and was very disappointed. Not only are their movies awful, but their original TV shows are too. The ones they create are full of stuff I would NOT want my children to watch. I remember a time when TGIF on ABC had shows like "The Dinosaurs" and "Family Matters." I don't think they have TGIF anymore, but I wonder what shows would be playing if they did.

That's all I have to say about that.

Now onto more important things. Yesterday I taught my first lesson. I was in charge of twenty three 8th graders. When I started off the lesson, I told them we were going to play a game. One of the girls in the class said "We like her already!" I liked hearing that. At the end, my cooperating teacher said I did a very very good job. She was impressed with all the stuff I had for them, which included a game, partner activity, explanations of certain things, and a worksheet. It was a lot to cover, but I tend to go through things really fast. For a couple of years, I was a group leader at the church camp I went to and everytime I had to do the Bible study, I would run through stuff really quick. I don't mean to. I guess I get excited about everything and want to get through it and not run out of time.

I didn't realize this, but Sunday is April Fool's. I'm trying to think of some good things to pull that day.

3-2-1 Blast OFF!

1 comment:

SGRC said...

I was trying to think of which shows you were talking about and then I realized there is Falcon Beach, Wildfire, and Bring it on-all or nothing...that's just to start things. If you want to do more than reminisce about the Dinosaurs there are a few episodes on tape in the tape drawer.