Monday, February 26, 2007

VERY Proud

I forgot to post this earlier, but I just wanted to say how VERY proud I am of Matthew. Yesterday, in church, he got up and said a few words of inspiration. Now, for those of us who are around him a lot, he likes to say his two cents (even though he thinks they are worth far more :)) all the time. He is usually talking in front of a couple of people and they are his family and close friends. This all changed yesterday when he got up in front of the church to talk. When he started to get this message together, he started to get nervous. We were on the phone late Saturday night and I do believe he went over what he was going to say five times before we got off the phone. I didn't mind. I knew he was nervous and needed to practice. That night, and on the way to church, I made sure to say a special prayer for him because I knew he was very nervous. I think he did a wonderful job and I told him I could not tell he was nervous. He said it was a good thing the pulpit was there because his legs were shaking really hard. I'm glad he got up in front of the church, because like we learned in the movie Friday night, we need to all face our giants. I'm glad Matt stepped out and did something he does not normally do. I just hope when my time comes around I can at least try to do the same good job and represent the class well.

You guys are correct with your brain teaser answers! You each get five gold stars! I have more questions, but want to save them for later dates.

3-2-1 Blast Off!

2 comments:

me said...

I want to echo your comments. I believe that Matt did a fine job. You could really tell he prayed and studied before delivering his little message. I look forward to great things from him in the future as well as from the class.

Laurie said...

Matt did a wonderful job of studying God's Word and teaching it. We are all superbly proud of him!