Friday, February 23, 2007

I Impressed Myself

"What's oleo?" She asked the boys putting up the stock.

"Oleo?" They replied. "I've never heard of it. Have you ever heard of this?" They turned and asked some of the other boys crowding around.

"Nope. Why don't you ask Millard? I bet he would know."

Off the cute little couple goes down the aisle.

"Do you know where the oleo is?" She asked the older gentleman putting up the stock.

"Why yes. It's on the back wall."

"By the milk?"

"Well a little further down. It's right before the eggs."

So off the cute little couple goes again. She, totally confused with this oleo business. Him, wondering if he is right about this oleo business (which he was, but he didn't tell her what it was until they found it).

"This is butter and margerine." She tells him when they get back there. "I've looked here and I have found no oleo."

They continue looking until Millard joins them again with a big smile on his face. "Oleo is margerine." He explains. "You must have an old recipe because that's what they called it in the old days."

"Aaaahhhh..." was her reply. "I thought that's what it was." was his reply.

So the cute little couple found their oleo, checked out with the groceries, and headed home to cook supper.
The End

I am officially a master in the kitchen! Well maybe not, but I can say that I finally cooked something that was not Mac and Cheese, Hamburger Helper, or chicken nuggets (those are my other famous dishes). I cooked Italian Crescent Casserole. I had never heard of it. But, the meal was about what Matt wanted and this is what he wanted cooked. There were times when he tried to join me and give me pointers, but I booted him out and said I'm going to do it. As I was cooking, I was a little apprehensive about what was coming together. It turned out great!! Next time, I'm going to change just a couple of things, but other than that the meal was great. Add some chocolate chip cookies, and we just pigged out.

If you want the recipe, it is in the old church cookbook or you can ask me.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I love it! You know you are a true cook when after you make something you already know how you'll change it the next time. Really, the oleo story is TOO funny. I guess it shows my age that I knew what it was from the get-go.